It is officially patio season and there is nothing better than enjoying a cocktail or glass of wine with friends and family while taking in the warm weather and beautiful green surroundings. Here are some of the top summer cocktails (with the recipe ) and vino I recommend!
Spicy Cucumber Margarita
This subtly spicy riff on the classic margarita is well-balanced, crisp and with the perfect kick with minimal prep also makes this the perfect cocktail to enjoy all summer.
- 2 ounces Tequila
- 4 slices cucumber
- 2 slices jalapeno
- ¾ ounce agave syrup
- 1-ounce lime juice
- Rim your glass with salt.
- Add cucumber and jalapeno to the shaker, and gently muddle.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the shaker.
- Shake to chill, and combine ingredients.
- Fine strain into a low-ball glass filled with ice
It’s tough to believe this cocktail is made with just two ingredients because the flavor is deceptively rich and complex. The ginger beer gives an unexpected spicy kick to the Woodford Reserve Bourbon.
- 2 ounce Woodford Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- 1 bottle ginger beer
- Add bourbon to a Collins glass.
- Fill it with ginger beer.
- Top with ice, and garnish with a lime wheel.
This positively pretty libation is as easy on the eyes as it is on the palate.
- 2 ounces Seagram’s Extra Smooth Vodka
- 4 ounces grapefruit juice
- ¼ ounce grenadine
- Grapefruit and umbrella garnish
- Add grenadine to a highball glass.
- Add grapefruit juice and Seagram’s Extra Smooth to a shaker.
- Shake, then strain over ice into the glass.
- Garnish with grapefruit slice and umbrella.
Quails Gate Rose
Mission Hill Reserve Pinot Gris
NV Blue Mountain Gold Label Brut